Tuesday 17 July 2012

An afternoon of quilt Blocks

I have spent the afternoon making quilt blocks for the QAL's. The Block 7 for the Christmas in July Block-a-thon was pleaseant to make. I found block 6 really hard but it is a good way for me to learn new techniques.

I have also started the Beginner's Quilt-Along hosted by Pat Sloan. I managed to make 3 blocks!!! I have chosen colours that are more maroon than purple even though the photo's lean towards purple. Block 1 and 3 were easy and even fun to do. Block 2 I ended up unstitching 2 parts 4 times. I didn't take into account the fact I would need to turn 1 block to keep the lines running the same way and then I undid the wrong seam but we got there in the end. I should have had a coffee break after Block!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I will check it out soon :)