Tuesday 10 July 2012

More Previous Projects

I went to upload some photos to find that the camera cards have not been uploaded to the computer since January! 
 
So these are my finished projects (bar 1). The second quilt I finished was an Twilight Owl. I made it for my daughter and quilted it when I bought my Bernina machine in the pre Christmas sales. The material is just from Spotlight and the left overs that made up the border are from my first quilt. The backing material I picked out at my local sewing store (Jenny's Sewing Centre in Angaston). I didn't write down the name of the material but I will start doing that now. I machine appliqued the owl. The pattern is an adaptation of the quilt "Hoos' Sleeping" by Fiona Tully from the Australian Homespun magazine ( No 96, Vol 12.5). My daughter loves the quilt. The colour and stipling is supposed to remind you of twilight. Most people just like the owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I will check it out soon :)